Monday, September 30, 2013

Our Journey to the Altar


Day 1: Journey to the Altar
Day 2: The Proposal
Day 3: Where and When
Day 4: Wedding Colors and Style
Day 5: Saying Yes to the Dress
Day 6: Here Come the Bridesmaids!
Day 7: Shopping with the Mother of the Bride and the Mother of the Groom
Day 8: Wedding Music
Day 9: Wedding Flowers
Day 10: The Guys
Day 11: Wedding Papers
Day 12: Wedding Cake
Day 13: Wedding Registry
Day 14: Wedding Food
Day 15: Marriage Prep
Day 16: Engagement Photos
Day 17: Wedding Hair and Makeup
Day 18: Wedding Accessories
Day 19: Announcement Tea
Day 20: My Work Shower
Day 21: Dinner Party
Day 22: Hometown Shower
Day 23: Bridal Shower
Day 24: G's Work Shower
Day 25: Bridal Portraits
Day 26: Bridal Luncheon
Day 27: Rehearsal
Day 28: Getting Ready
Day 29: Pregame
Day 30: Saying "I do"
Day 31: Party Time!

When I saw that The Nester was hosting her 31 days of blogging series for the month of October, I thought this opportunity would be the perfect way for me to journal about all the details that went into planning our wedding last year.  I want to remember as much as possible and savor all the sweet memories, which seemed to be impossible to write about at the same time they were all happening, so I'm looking forward to the reliving these moments over the next month.  I've talked a little bit about our "how we met" story here, but here's a little back story on me...before I met Mr. G, I'd kind of given up.

I know, I know...I had only recently crossed the 30 line and still had many more wonderful years ahead of me in which to meet the man of my dreams, but a part of me really had decided that certainly a life lived alone could be as full and rich as those my precious friends and family were enjoying with a significant other and children of their own.  I'd decided that though I may have still engaged in bouts of sadness over wanting to share my life with someone, that in reality, the life God had given me was beautiful and fulfilling, whether it included that special someone or not.  In fact, God had given me the gifts of friendship and family that were irreplaceable.  And I still feel that way.  A life lived without a mate is meaningful and purposeful and beautiful.  I am so thankful that God brought Mr. G into my life, but had God had other plans for me, life would still be abundant.  I guess I just want to say that from the get go because I will be sharing all these fun details of wedding prep, so I can have a place to store these precious memories and return when I want to reminisce, but I just want to say that each of us has a story of God's faithfulness and no matter what it contains, it is as unique and special as the one who holds it.

And away we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)