Monday, October 7, 2013

Shopping with the Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom

On Day 7 of my 31 Day Series with the Nester.  I'm discussing two shopping trips that were so special -- helping my mom and future mother-in-law select the perfect dress for our big day.

Here is my major tip:  Find out if the store you have chosen has a personal shopping service and if they do, use it!!  I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to have an appointment on the day we were shopping and to be ushered into a dressing room filled with gowns the size and style requested.  The service we received on both of our visit to two separate stores was amazing!  Sometimes when I have limited time and need to find just the right thing and have traveled from out of town to shop, I get a little overwhelmed by the selection, so this was perfect.

One weekend, my mom and I met in Dallas in search of her Mother of the Bride gown and we found the most beautiful dress.  It completely complimented the colors I had selected and I thought it looked absolutely gorgeous!!  It was so fun to help my mom try on lots of different styles and the one she bought was perfect!

my beautiful mother :)
Not only did our amazing personal shopper help us find gorgeous gowns, but she also helped with accessorizing, including shoes!  I loved these gorgeous ones Mom found for our big day.  It was just such a treat to spend special time with Mom and Auntie Di shopping for a day that for so long seemed only to be a dream!

Another treat occurred a few weekends later, when my sweet mother-in-law and I met my mom again in Dallas.  I had spoken with our personal shopper on the phone prior to our visit and answered lots of questions about the type of dresses we were looking for.  When we arrived and saw a dressing room full of options, we had so much fun trying everything on!  Marilyn tried on so many beautiful looks, but I absolutely loved the one she chose.  I thought it was perfect and the lace detail was such a beautiful accent.  I loved getting to bond with both mamas and even found some beautiful dresses to wear to showers, too!  We had such a fun day and I was so thankful to be a part of each gown search!! :)

my beautiful mother-in-law :)

This is Day 7 of a 31 Day blogging series.  See the other posts here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)