Monday, October 7, 2013

Here Come the Bridesmaids!!


On Day 6 of my 31 Days to the Altar series, I'm talking bridesmaids dresses!  It was so much fun looking at all the different options and when I found the right thing, I was elated. :)  I looked at website after website and magazine after magazine, searching for just the right gown.  One website I discovered that had tons of search options for a variety of colors and fabrics was Dessy.  With this website, I was able to look up the dresses in the colors, fabrics, and styles of my preference and also see the retailers that sold the designer of the dresses I selected, but first, I wanted to get together with some of my girls to get their take on the dress styles I was considering.
We gathered in Dallas at this cute bridal shop in Dallas.
My sweet friends took turns trying on different options.
These were two of the styles I was leaning most toward and thought they looked beautiful on my friends.
In the end, we went with the dress that I had been thinking of the whole time. :)

Here's a photo of the catalog page.  It is an Alfred Sung design.

I just loved the ruffled collar and thought the design was classic and elegant, plus I loved the dupioni silk it came in!  The color we went with was called quarry and was exactly the pewtery grey color I had been dreaming of!


It was such a special day with these ladies!  After trying on dresses, we had a delicious lunch at the Dream Cafe.  I cannot express how thankful I am for the support of sweet friends throughout this entire process.

We also were able to select the dresses for my 3 precious flower girls!!  Their dresses were sleeveless ivory designs with a coordinating pewtery grey sash to match the bridesmaid gowns.

Here's a sneak peak of the final bridesmaid and flower girl dresses...
borrowed from fb :)

 I just love how everything turned out!!  Hope your week is going well!

To read the previous posts in this series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)