Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Liebster Award!

Sweet Carol at Keeping Up with the Kaune's nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is an award for bloggers with under 200 followers and a fun way to get to know more about the blogger.  She gave me these questions to answer, so here it goes! :)  Thanks, Carol!

1. What is your favorite recipe?
I absolutely love to cook and try new recipes.  One of our current faves for dinner is one that has been passed around the blogosphere and Pinterest quite a lot!  It is Kevin and Amanda's Spicy Sausage Pasta and if you have not tried it before, I cannot encourage you enough to pick up the ingredients for dinner!  The ingredients are simple and easy to find and it cooks in one large skillet, so cleanup is easy!!  
Simple Ingredients
Right after all ingredients were combined

Final Deliciousness!

I made it for the Mister on Sunday night and I think he finished up the last of the leftovers for lunch today, so it makes a good amount.  We love leftovers in our house!  Feel free to check out my "Tried and True" Pinterest board for other recipes we really like at our house!

2. What is your favorite hair product?
l to r: root lifting spray, blow dry spray, dry shampoo, & super hold finishing spray
I love Kenra products.  My stylist and good friend Ashley along with Kate from The Small Things Blog definitely praised the benefits of this line and I have had phenomenal success!  In fact, my hair seems to be able to hold style and have volume better than ever before. :)

3. What is the best vacation you have been on?
My favorite vacation has to be our honeymoon to Hawaii!  It was the perfect blend of relaxing on the beach and exploring the island with my very favorite person. :)

4. Tell us your favorite meal?
My favorite meal...such a toughie!!  I think Mexican food wins every time. :)  Homemade flour tortillas, chips, queso, guacamole, and brisket tacos from Mi Cocina. 

5. Dream job?
Creating names for all the nail polishes for Essie or OPI!  One of my favorite things to do when I get a mani/pedi is looking at the different polish names when choosing my color. :)  I also would enjoy hosting a show on the Travel channel and discovering the sights like Samantha Brown does.

6. Christmas or Thanksgiving?
Christmas!

7. Favorite clothes store?
Nordstrom leads the pack for me.  So many great designers and the most amazing shoe department!  I love blogs like Pinterest Told Me To that keep me posted on great sales at my favorite store!!

8. What is your favorite Football team and do you have any traditions on game day?
Hands down the Baylor Bears!!!  I am so proud of how they have played this season, too.  As for game day traditions, I try to always wear my game day gear and Sic 'Em, Bears!

9. Favorite TV SHOW?
I confess that my favorite TV Show is Real Housewives on Bravo.  Any city, every season, I love it all!

10. DIY or buy everything?
I would say I am a blend on this question.  I do love my DIYs time and again, but sometimes I have to go to the pros. :)

Now, I would like to pass this little award on to several "new to me" blogs that I really enjoy reading:
Andrea @ Never Say Never
and
Stephanie @ Newlyweds: North

I'll pass along the same questions Carol gave me:
1. What is your favorite recipe?

2. What is your favorite hair product?

3. What is the best vacation you have been on?

4. Tell us your favorite meal?

5. Dream job?

6. Christmas or Thanksgiving?

7. Favorite clothes store?

8. What is your favorite Football team and do you have any traditions on game day?

9. Favorite TV SHOW?

10. DIY or buy everything?

Enjoy!  Happy Wednesday, Everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I did this Q&A last Friday and we have a few of the same answers - LOVE Kenra and mexican food:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)