Monday, September 30, 2013

A Weekend at the Parents

Last weekend, the mister and I took a trip to visit my parents.  We hadn't gone to their house since Father's Day, so I really looked forward to the trip!
Every trip Mr. G makes to my hometown must include lunch at the cutest little sandwich shop on our square.  He loves their pimiento cheese!  We enjoyed a tasty lunch with my parents and Grandmommy.
After lunch, we popped into the cutest shop next door where we had registered for some of our wedding gifts.  This visit we were looking for a baby shower gift and found the perfect thing!  We were also able to visit another shop and buy a few more pieces of our Juliska pottery.


After lunch, Mom took us to the cutest little frozen yogurt place, so we could get a sweet treat before the Baylor game.

We enjoyed cheering on the Bears to an incredible victory on Saturday afternoon!

Mom found the cute pumpkin on the left at one of our shopping stops that morning.  I love how it looks on her buffet in the entry way.
That evening, my parents treated us to my favorite Mexican restaurant in town!  The name has changed, but they still serve the most delicious chips and salsa.  Fortunately, the menu has stayed the same, so it was fun to share some of my favorite dishes with Mr. G.


On Sunday, we had the great joy of witnessing one of my precious flower girl's baptism.  I was so glad to get to see her and her parents right before the service.  I also loved getting to say a quick hello to another very special friend.

The weekend flew by all too quickly and soon we were headed home.  It was a wonderful trip!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TAMOLLYS! It will always be Tamolly's in my heart. :) Yum! Looks like y'all had an awesome weekend! I still need to get you your gift! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)