Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor-less Labor Day Weekend

So I know there are lots of people out there who always like to have a project or be accomplishing a task, but I have determined that I am not one of those people. :)  I love those people!  They are so wonderful and accomplish so much, but I'm afraid I am such a sedentary creature!!  The mister and I did lace up our sneakers and take a walk around the neighborhood Monday night, so maybe I did fit in a little activity this weekend.  :)


We had a great Labor Day weekend.  Mr. G had just gotten back from a business trip to Chicago, so I decided to surprise him by cleaning the entire house before he got home.  Now, I know this may not thrill some men to the depths of their souls, but Mr. G is one of those people I was speaking of at the beginning of the post.  He loves keeping a spic and span home.  We took the 5 Love Languages assessment in our premarital counseling sessions and his favorite love language is acts of service, so I knew a clean house would speak to his heart.  The other thing I was excited about was that I managed to stay motivated about my cleaning project all day at work and jumped in when I got home.  Something I am learning about myself is that if I have tasks to do, I like to get them done, so I can enjoy the rest of my time.  I knew if I cleaned first, then we wouldn't have to do many chores the rest of the weekend.  I also know that since I am not one of those motivated folks I mentioned earlier, if I take a seat on the couch when I get home, I won't get my tasks accomplished, but definitely have a tendency to put things off with excuse after excuse.  Is this just me??
Image courtesy of Suat Eman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

So after my marathon cleaning session on Friday night, I definitely relaxed and enjoyed catching up on reading and some of my favorite shows.  In between relaxing, I did run some errands and also was able to check off a few things on my "to-do" list like put a huge stack of photos I had printed of Mr. G and my first year of dating and also put our Boston trip photos in my "smash book".  I'm loving the idea of a smash book because it is like a scrapbook where you put in pictures and write little captions, but without the pressure of perfection.  Sometimes scrapbooking stresses me out -- hence the blog love!  I tend to get overwhelmed by all the possibilities and this makes me freeze sometimes.  Anyway, I'm just using a little journal I've had and I love being able to write down all the little extra remembrances, too, to make the photos more special.  I've seen some cute ideas where you cut out photos from magazines and modge podge the cover, so maybe that will be the next project I'll tackle.
my smashbook :)

Another fun thing we did was watch Baylor's season opener against Wofford College.  I just have to say what an amazing job Art Briles, his incredible coaching staff and our Baylor players have done.  I was so impressed with the heart our guys showed and can't wait for our next game on Saturday.  We got to spend some quality time with the in-laws, too, which is always a treat.  I am so thankful to God for the gift they are!

It was so nice to have 3 days in a row of relaxation!  God also used this time to speak to my heart.  I have a devotional blog, too, that I write in from time to time, so feel free to hop over there if you would like. :)  Here is the link: Hope and Holiness.  Maybe this weekend I will YouTube how to make a cute blog button!

Here's to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)