Friday, November 8, 2013

Getting Ready

Soon, the morning of the wedding arrived!  I woke up early as I had been doing all week.  It was time to put the final touches on the suitcase that would be soon destined for Hawaii.  How did it happen?  I remember always thinking before about what this morning would be like.  What would it be like to wake up as a single gal and through the course of the day become a wife?  It always seemed sort of surreal and in some ways it was, but also becoming G's wife seemed to be the most normal thing I've every done in my life.  

Here's a glimpse at us getting ready before the big day.  I'm afraid this post, as many others, is loaded with pictures, but as it is my digital scrapbook, I guess that's normal! :)

We started the day at my precious friend Ashley's house.  This gal is so talented and did my hair for the wedding.  She was so gracious to let all of the wedding party come over and relax and visit and enjoy yummy pancakes from one of my favorite local brunch places as we got ready for all the doings of the day.






As per usual April and Ashley did such a fabulous job with our hair and makeup.  I had so much fun chatting with my gal pals as we embraced the special day!


I also loved getting to spend time with my sweet flower girls. :)  
This one pictured above and her sweet mama did so much to help, from picking up our yummy breakfast treats to bringing the bride a much needed Diet Coke!
Also, my sweet maid of honor Lindsey captured many of these moments above with my camera and I'm so thankful for the way they help me remember each step of our special day. :)

Soon, we were "goin' to the chapel"!

The following photos were all captured by our wonderful photographer, Kelly Hosch.  




Soon, my brother Edwin arrived with a special letter from the groom.  G and I had decided to exchange letters before the wedding, so I was especially looking forward to reading what he had written.

But first, it was time to put on the dress...


It takes a village. :)


Finally I was in the gown and just need a few finishing touches.





Mom tied my sash as the sweet flower girls looked on.


These precious flower girls were such a joy all day.  It was such a blessing to have these three, whom I have known  since before they were born, take part in this very special time.



Muvie's sparkly brooch


Mom helping me with the final touch, my pearls that she and daddy had given me for my 16th brithday.



All the years when I wondered if this day would come and here we were.


It meant everything for her to be right beside me each step of the way.
There are not words to express the love I feel for her.


And finally, my shoes.  Sweet Caroline and her precious mama helped me with those.



And these sweet girls I have known since elementary school and I am ever so thankful for them.
What a day.


Reading the letter from my Mr.


Mom, me and my sister-in-law
I cannot express my thanks for the women in my family.

And all these gals have been through it all and stayed with me each step.  I cannot fully express my thanks for their love and support.  Their friendship makes my life so full and rich and their encouragement and love meant everything on this journey.


I know I could go on and on about my flower girls because they are so precious.
These pictures fill my heart to overflowing!

I love this one of the waiting time before the ceremony and am so thrilled that some new sweet little friendships were formed during the wedding festivities.

The following photos were a few my mom captured:

Here is a photo of our amazing photographer in action.  She was a dream to work with.

The gorgeous flowers!

Another fun flower girl pic.

And this precious girl, my sweet cousin Naomi, who is probably my very first friend.  I was born 364 days after she was and I cherish our special friendship so much.  
It was so wonderful to share this special day with her.

Then, it was off to meet my groom!


This post is part of a 31 day series.

























2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I love a good wedding post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that. brooch! also, how sweet that he wrote you a letter :) also, how nice to have so many friends and family there to help you on your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)