Sunday, October 20, 2013

Announcement Tea

A tradition that my grandmother hosted for my mother was a tea, announcing my mother's engagement to my dad.  I'm not sure where this tradition stems from.  My grandmother grew up in Atlanta, so it might be a southern tradition, but no matter what it was lots of fun and so special for my mom to host a similar event for me.

My mom hosted the tea in her home and invited friends and family to stop by.  It was such a special gift to spend quality time visiting with so many people who had been major influences in my life.  I loved each conversation and since I don't get to see these familiar faces as often as I like, it was even more meaningful.

Mom's beautiful entry way where guests signed a page from my bride's book.

My mom's sweet friends created such wonderful delights to grace the table.  We also found a few yummy treats at the Central Market bakery. :)  Some of our dear family friends were so generous to send the gorgeous flowers for the centerpiece.




We had the best time visiting and savoring the yummy treats!


I was so thankful for all the precious people who were able to be there.



My cup truly runneth over when I think of these sweet friendships God has blessed me with over the years and the way these girls were so incredibly supportive through this entire wedding planning process was just another example of the treasures that they are in my life.

precious cousins Lou Caroline and Rosalie
This collage fills my heart so full I think it could easily burst.  In these photos are so many precious family members who were able to attend the tea and the influence that they and the rest of my family have had in my life is one of my life's greatest blessings.  My heart overflows with gratitude for my family.  It was such a joy to share this journey with them, too!

my wonderful parents
 Words will never be able to describe the love I feel for these two.  Their constant support and loving encouragement have been such guiding influences on my journey and I will never be able to thank them enough for the incredible value they add to my life each day.

This day was such a fun and special time for me and served as a sort of "kickoff" to all the events leading up to the wedding.  I was so thankful for the opportunity to share the excitement of our impending nuptials with those who have supported me from the beginning.

This is day 19 of a 31 day series of Our Journey to the Altar.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)