Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5: Saying Yes to the Dress

For this week's Five for Friday with NatashaDarciApril, and Christina, I'm continuing on with my 31 Day Journey to the Altar with the Nester and showing you the 5 wedding gowns I tried on as I searched for the right dress for me.  But before we get to the actual dress purchase, we'll begin at the beginning of the day.

My Maid of Honor Lindsey suggested a good place to start when you are planning a wedding is to attend a Bridal Show, so some of my nearest and dearest journeyed to Plano to attend the Plano Bridal Show with me.  We knew it would be a busy time, so a stop at Corner Bakery seemed the perfect way to begin.


My sweet future mother-in-law rode up with me and we had the best time chatting in the car.  We met three of my bridesmaids, my mom and my Auntie Di.  It was a great day!

The bridal show was so fun that I don't have any pics, but I signed up for stickers with my name and info on them at the beginning and that proved to be such a wonderful idea because then, when you signed up for any giveaways with vendors, you just had to put your sticker on the form rather than filling it out by hand.  We left with tons of info!

Our next stop was to a bridal salon I had read about.  This was my very first time to try on dresses, so I had no idea what the experience would be like!

Here we are before the fun!  I cannot express how much I love these ladies!!!

The store was packed with gowns and we were the only customers for most of the time we were there, so we had the best time getting picking out all different kinds of dresses!  

Here were the 5 main gowns I tried on:



I think it pretty obvious from my expression which one I chose!  It really was the right one from the moment I saw it. :)
Then, trying it on with the beautiful cathedral length veil just sealed the deal!

I absolutely loved the intricate detail on the edge of the veil and the beaded sash we paired with the bodice.  

It was also so special because it was the dress my Auntie Di spotted!

These girlies and I have shared so much together and having them with me through this exciting moment was so special!
 And these 3 women mean the absolute world!  I was so blessed and thankful that they could share in this special time, too.  I love them so!!!
Oh, and the greatest part was that my dream dress was a sample!  I got to take it home!!
It was such a wonderful day!  I didn't expect to find my dress the first place I looked, but am so happy it worked out that way!

Enjoy your weekend!!

This post is part 5 of a 31 day series.  
You can find the previous entries here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)