Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homecoming Weekend!


Last weekend was Homecoming at Baylor and I had the best time!
Friday night was the bonfire and my mom and I got to see our cousin Pat and some of my college friends!
The blaze was amazing and Fountain Mall was packed with people.  There was even a Ferris wheel!
The traditional bonfire pics: 
Lindsey & Me

Mom & Me

Lindsey, Me and Erin

And beautiful Pat Neff glowing in the distance

After our bonfire fun, we headed to Elite to grab a late dinner. So delicious!! :)

My cousin Naomi and her sweet little girl Ashley stayed with Mom and me, so we had a great time catching up!

Mom and Ashley

It was so fun getting to see these gals!

Then, Ashley and Naomi headed to the parade.
It was the perfect morning for it!

Homecoming weekend also include the Junior League Holiday Market, so I headed there next.

These adorable trees were the centerpieces for one of the children's events.  Aren't they cute?  I think they are made out of children's books.

Ready for cookie decorating!

Sprinkles and icing!

Love the ribbon candy!

A closeup of one of the beautiful trees

Then, it was time for shopping!!

With my TOMS giftcard burning a hole in my pocket, I was so excited to see a booth with TOMS for sale.
I'm really considering getting these pink sparkle ones!!

Lindsey was also shopping for a pair of TOMS.

The pink ones are pretty cute!
She ended up with silver sparkles after we discussed that in the original Frank L. Baum book, Dorothy wore silver shoes rather than ruby slippers.  You know, being true to the original literature is critical when shopping for footwear. :)

In another booth, I found a fun hat to try on! :)

After all of our shopping adventures, it was time to head to the Homecoming game!



Love the BUGWB!!



President Starr ran with the Line!

Then, here came the Bears!!

These guys are so great!

Thank you, Bears, for a great Homecoming win!!!

Here is a link to the recap video if you want to see some fabulous plays!

I was so thankful for an extra hour of sleep Saturday night, too!

Sunday, was a wonderful day of church and friends.  My pastor gave one of the most incredible sermons on marriage and singleness I have ever heard.  I am so thankful to be a part of my church family.

Hope you all had a good weekend and that your week is off to a good start!


4 comments:

  1. Love the pics :) my true soul-friend for knowing that fun fact about the silver slippers :) Most people look at me crazy when I explain that the ruby was added because Wizard of Oz is one of the first movies in color :)

    I've refrained from wearing my new shoes with my boring black business suits all week-- but Friday's jeans day and they will make their grande appearance :) See you at Thanksgiving sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love the pink Toms, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally came to check :) we had such a great time with ya'll! thanks again for letting us stay, carroll. you're so special to us! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Football + Cookie baking = PERFECTION
    It sounds like a great time!


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)