Friday, November 4, 2011

Girls' Night Dinner and Desserts!

Two weeks before she said, "I Do", Mandy, Lacy, and I gave Megan a personal shower.
We had so much fun planning and preparing for the big day.
The happy bride!!
But before we get to the presents, I'll show you a little behind the scenes prep. :)

In a recent Southern Living issue, I saw how they put a flower arrangement in a pumpkin, so I decided that would be the perfect centerpiece for our party!

I added the M for a little personal touch and the dots for a little whimsy with a gold paint pen. 


Ta Da!  
Finished product.  
Much thanks to the fabulous floral designer at Central Market who put together the beautiful hand tied bouquet for me.  Seriously, I had the best experience there and everyone was so nice and helpful!

Table set and ready for the fun festivities!!
We used Lacy's fun fall placemats, pumpkins, cake platter, fall garland, and Mom's Juliska Berry and Thread pottery.
I just love that pattern!


We served the food in the breakfast room.
On the breakfast table we had cilantro lime rice, my friend Ashley's recipe for best black beans, and tortilla chips & salsa.  Mom got those cute candles for us to use, too!


The chicken taco bar was served on the farm table.
I brought some yummy HEB tortillas, we slow cooked the chicken with my friend Lindsey's recipe and Mandy made some of her world famous guacamole.
We served the rest of the taco fixins in these adorable pumpkin bowls that Lacy gave me one year for my birthday. :)  

Then, the guests arrived and the party started!!
Megan and Sandra

Fun convos predinner

Mandy and Lacy 

Love these sweet times of visiting with friends!!

Lindsey

Jeannie
Megan and Sandra

Mandy and Lacy
Hostesses with the Mostest!

Then, it was time to eat!! :)

A closeup of the centerpiece

We also enjoyed shrimp cocktail!

And a closeup of my yummy plate! :)


For dessert, one of the bride's faves...
Tress Leches Cake!
We used The Pioneer Woman's recipe and it was so yummy!
I think I need to work on my chocolate-covered strawberry technique...


Present Time!!
Bride-to-be!

Lindsey, Carrie, and Sandra

Megan got lots of fun gifts and it was so fun to get to celebrate her!!
Next stop: Rehearsal time!!!

1 comment:

  1. What fun showers and celebrations lately. I love how the pumpkin flower holder turned out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)