Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Salado

A few weekends ago I helped with a sorority function in Salado.  Salado is a charming town just north of Austin and every year before Christmas, they have what they call "the stroll".  All of the shops stay open late on main street and the whole town seems to be covered in Christmas lights.  It is so beautiful!
One of the displays I noticed was the wooden cutouts of "The 12 Days of Christmas".  They were so cute.  Here is "A Partridge in a Pear Tree" and they went on and on from there.

Then, one of the churches had a living nativity.  So sweet.   
Beautiful stained glass

Here is the manger scene. 
Sorry these pictures are hard to see.  I forgot to turn off my flash!
After strolling up and down main street, we ate dinner at The Stagecoach Inn.
It was so yummy and what fun company!

Here is the entrance to the place where we had the function.  Isn't this wreath beautiful!!

Here are the sweet friends who helped with the event!  Thanks so much!  

1 comment:

  1. Justin & I just went to Salado last weekend for our second anniversary! Crazy!
    I LOOOOOOVE it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)