Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One of the Best Days of My Life!!

Homecoming 2010 was seriously one of the best days of my life!!
It started out with the most fabulous surprise of my brother driving in from Nebraska to surprise my mom and me and go to the game!
Here we are before the game.
Then, we headed to Floyd Casey 2 1/2 hours before game time to see the March of the Bears!
Mom and I started going to this and it is so fun.  All the fans gather and form two lines to cheer on the team and the coaches as they get off the buses and go to the stadium.  It is always so fun to cheer on our Bears!  Some of these pictures are from two different games.
Our star quarterback Robert Griffin III and Danny Watkins
Incredible Receiver Kendall Wright
Kedrick Dial and Lanear Sampson
Kedrick is from my hometown!
Our Amazing Coach, Art Briles!!!
Bruiser getting the crowd fired up!
These last three pictures of March of the Bears are from the Homecoming game.
RG3 was named a Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week this season!!
Here is Byron Landor.  He was named a Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week this season, too!
After the March Mom and I went to the Baylor Sports Network tailgate.
A sweet lady at our table took our picture.
At the tailgate, we got to meet some fabulous Baylor people!
Here is Mom with Baylor legend, Grant Teaff.  We were so thrilled to get to visit with him!!
He is so gracious and kind.

Then, we got to meet Baylor President Ken Starr!!
He is such a fabulous leader and has done so much for Baylor.  It was so wonderful to meet him and his wife, too!
Well, after all of that excitement, Mom and I would have been happy if nothing else had happened that day, but the day wasn't over yet and we had a game to play!  At the tailgate they had a drawing for an iPad...and they drew my name!!!  I couldn't believe it!

Here I am with my prize.  So fun!!
Then, we went to the game!  I couldn't wait.  We played Kansas State and if we won the game, we would Bowl Eligible!!!
During warmups a little dog ran onto the field and a bunch of people were trying to catch it.
A great cursive Baylor by the BUGWB!!
Here are mom and me pregame.  My stomach was literally in knots.  This game was so important!!
Then, after a few plays, they called a delay of game because of the weather.  It rained buckets!!
Here are mom and me under the stands.  Thank goodness we got some rain ponchos! 
Finally, it stopped raining and we watched some awesome football!!

Go Bears!!
Final Score: Baylor 47 Kansas State 42
We are BOWL BOUND!!!


The crowd rushed onto the field!  What an exciting day!!!
After the game we were so hungry from all that cheering, so we ate some delicious mexican food at Ninfa's.
Thanks for surprising us, Edwin!!
And thanks for the fun weekend visit, Mom!!
What a day!:)

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like an amazing day!
    Luck you with the ipad! Want to tell it to me for halfprice?? That's what Justin wants for Christmas! It'd be full profit for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)