Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Texas Valentine Blogiday!

Saturday I got to attend my first ever blogger meetup and it was so fun!!  Stephanie, Casey and Adrian hosted all the festivities and they thought of each and every detail from the adorable Paperless Post invitations to the delicious restaurant selection to all the fun shopping at one of my favorite places!  I also got to meet Jessica, Rachel, Jamie, Sarah, Amber, Laurie, Tiffany, and Nancy!!  What a treat!  Now on to the recap!

As we arrived on Saturday morning, we found so many happy treats at our place, including a fantastic confetti popper completely personalized with our name from The Confetti Bar!  The adorable Valentine's day boxes were filled with treats as well!!

We had so much fun meeting each other and chatting that soon it was time to order brunch!  Now, I have wanted to try the stuffed french toast at this restaurant for a long time, so I thought this meetup was the perfect time to try it and it did not disappoint!!  Saturday's stuffed french toast was filled with apple pie and it was so good. :)
 Of course the sweet treats didn't end there -- we also were treated to the Olive Branch's delicious cupcakes!  I chose chocolate and it was fantastic, but I also heard the fresh strawberry cupcakes with vanilla buttercream were pretty phenomenal, too!

After brunch and several fun photo ops, we headed upstairs to do some shopping at Spice Village!  I love shopping here because there are so many unique boutiques under one roof.

Grae Apparel was one of the boutiques we visited and they had a fantastic selection of clothes and accessories!!  I saw the most fabulous sequined skirt and wished so desperately that sequins were consistently in my work dress code.  I think I could wear sequins every day and be so happy!

Grae also had such creative decor as photobombed by the fabulous Rachel!  This huge heart art was created by arranging different styles of envelopes.  I'm sure they contained love notes!  

 Grae was also so kind to gift us with some fantastic goodies!!
 
From the top right, clockwise:

contact card//anemone hand lotion (I can't wait to try it!)//beautiful turquoise necklace//
anemone perfume roller in a fresh scent//tote to carry it all with us//
fantastic black and white chevron infinity scarf
**all opinions are my own

Of course with all the cuteness surrounding me, I couldn't leave without making a purchase!
This yellow and white chevron infinity scarf is lightweight and perfect for warmer temps!  I'm already looking forward to wearing it to Baylor sporting events this spring. :)

After all the shopping and fun, I was sad to say goodbye and hope we have another meetup sometime soon!  Until then, it has been so fun keeping up with these new friends through social media. :)

I thought I'd also show you a closer peek into our Valentine's treat boxes from our hostesses:

 Clockwise from top left:
adorable pink lip glass//elf lip gloss in Goddess with spf! (can't wait to try it because this winter weather has totally dried out my lips!)//classic conversation hearts//festive red heart tea towel//
yummy Russell Stover chocolates!

I'm also so excited to try my confetti popper!!  Here is a peek at the instructions. :)


And I'll leave you with the beautiful phrase on the perfume I received from Grae:


Hope you are having a great week!






















3 comments:

  1. You did take that picture!!! Such a great time meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun!!!! and i want that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)