Friday, December 6, 2013

Five on Friday!


Yay!!  My favorite day of the week is here and I'm linking up with NatashaDarciApril, and Christina to share five fun things going on in my world.  As I've looked through these five, perhaps this list should be called foodie edition!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG 

 

Weekend Breakfast Casserole

 

Last weekend we made the Mix and Match Mama's delish breakfast casserole and it was the perfect yummy start to our day.  The recipe is so easy and tastes so fantastic, I think I might have found our new Christmas morning recipe!!  This dish is also perfect for brunches or for overnight guests.  It is in our rotation for sure!


Early Christmas Surprise

 

My parents surprised us with the Willow Tree nativity for an early Christmas gift!  I've loved arranging all of the figures and think I found the perfect spot for it in my dining room. :)  Putting out the nativity scene has always been one of my favorite things to do to decorate for Christmas!


 Mom's Special Potato Soup



Sunday night I made my mom's delicious potato soup.  It is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night and is easy to prepare, too!  You know those recipes you grew up with and just the taste makes your mind flood with childhood memories?  This soup takes me to my parents' breakfast room eating this warm soup on a chilly winter night.  I'll have to post the recipe soon. :)


Elf on the Big Screen


Our downtown has been hosting lots of fun events this week, including a showing of Elf on the big screen!!  My mister had never seen this cinematic wonder that is certainly one of my Christmas favorites, so I was excited to share the fun with him!!  Good news -- he loved it!  I think Elf will be in our holiday movie rotation for years to come!!


Also, we enjoyed the most delicious white chocolate Oreo popcorn from a local vendor!  Delish!!


My Favorite Chilly Evening Snack

Finally, my favorite treat -- hot chocolate and popcorn with a few holiday peanut m&ms sprinkled infor good measure! :) It's getting a little chilly in our area, so this was the perfect late night snack! 

What are your Friday Five?


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the potato soup recipe! Elf is one of my favorites too, along with Home Alone, The Holiday and The Family Stone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That potato soup looks delicious! I've been looking for a good recipe so I'll be sure to check back. I can't believe your husband had never seen Elf!! It's one of my favorites! Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)