Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Recap!!

Well, I had the most fabulous weekend with the fam! I can't believe how many things we were able to fit in. Friday, after work, I found a dress for Cardinal and Straw day!! Yay! The girl who owns the shop is so sweet and of course had tons of fashion savvy tips for accessories I could put with my dress. Yay! Now, I just need to find my white dress and I will be ready to go. I did see a cute one on the Lilly Pulitzer website, but I have a few more local places to try first. :)

Ok, on with the weekend.

So, when I got to my parent's house, M & E were at the rehearsal dinner, so I got to spend some quality time with Mom and Dad. Mom had gotten really into a suspenseful movie, so I finished watching it with her. :)

On Saturday morning, I had the joy of meeting my friend L's baby girl. She is so precious and slept practically through our entire visit. I also got to see the baby's big sister C. She is a doll as well and I'm sure she is a big help to her mommy. It was so fun to get to catch up with my dear friend.

After that visit, I met the fam at the Dairy Festival parade!! I don't know when the last time was that I attended the parade, but Dad had set up our lawn chairs in the perfect spot under a shade tree, so it wasn't too hot. Yay for that!

Then, E thought it would be fun to go to this darling peach orchard about an hour away. We bought some fresh peaches and sampled their delectable ice cream.

After we returned from our orchard adventure, E got ready for the wedding and went to the church while Mom, M and I got to relax a bit. Then, we went to the wedding and reception. It was such a fun event and so great to see lots of folks I hadn't gotten to visit with in a while.


Sunday M, E, and I got to travel to Tyler to visit M's youngest sister M. She has been working at a camp this summer and so it was great to see her during a break. We had breakfast at an adorable restaurant called the Diner. It was delish and had several inventive entrees! After a stop at Racquet and Jog, we headed home for E's birthday party! It was so fun to have the local family members all together and Mom made E a delicious red velvet cake. After dinner at a local favorite mexican restaurant, I took to the road and traveled back home. What a fun weekend!! Thanks, Mom and Dad for being such wonderful hosts as always! M & E, it was so good to see you and I can't wait to see you again soon!!

2 comments:

  1. mom was watching a suspense movie???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodess....it went TOO fast :( Can we start planning our next trip yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)