Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gene Kelly


I just watched Summer Stock with Gene Kelly and Judy Garland.  I had never seen that musical before and it is so good!  The dancing is amazing.  Gene Kelly does this incredible dance where he uses a newspaper as a prop and the movie also features Judy Garland's famous "Get Happy" routine.  She was such a phenomenal dancer, too.  In every dance they did together, the precision is perfect!

I love so many musicals that Gene Kelly was in from "Singin' in the Rain" to "An American in Paris" to "On the Town".   The choreography is always so phenomenal and so is his singing.  What a legend.  Something about watching these classic musicals transports me for a few hours to another time.  Do you have a favorite classic musical?

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)