Friday, July 29, 2011

My "Literary" Weekend

Last weekend I found myself with some extra time between errands and thought I would indulge in a little Barnes and Noble time. I love to poke around in the sale bins and was so giddy when I found these two fun finds!

I have to admit that the Real Houswives series on Bravo is a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me, so when I saw this book in the sale bin, I had to take a closer look.  Then, I saw that it told all about the behind-the-scenes development of the different series and told about the casting of each housewife, and I knew it needed to come home with me. 
Mommywood was also in the sale area and I have been wanting to read it ever since I finished SToritelling, Tori Spelling's first book.  I had looked for it at the library, but it always seemed to be checked out, so a good deal seemed to be the perfect opportunity for purchase!  After my great deals at B&N, I headed to the ultimate great deal, the library!!  I found these two:

I've started reading The Friday Night Knitting Club and love it!  Of course any story set in Manhattan is extra intriguing to me! :)

And with all this triple digit heat we have been experiencing, an ice cold drink is essential.  Enter Bahama Bucks' Caribbean Cola.  The perfect and yummy way to cool off!

I also spent some time learning more about my camera.  I thought this brightness was  a fun setting.  My biggest discovery of the weekend was that I can take video with my camera!  I was a little thrilled about that find, so who knows, a vlog may be in my future!!  Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look into those books--they look good! And I love me some Real Housewives!

    How about you come to Houston to see The Help with me next week!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)