Saturday, July 16, 2011

Last Day in Chi Town

Before we knew it, it was our last morning in Chicago.

We started of the morning right with breakfast from Corner Bakery!

Oh my, yes, that is what I ordered -- French toast with apple chicken sausage and eggs. Delish! Let me just say if a Corner Bakery ever opens in my town, I am in big trouble!
,

Our next stop was The Art Institute of Chicago. Well, first we spent a little time in H&M and purchased some fun fashion finds and then we went to the museum. :)

Let me just say that this museum is phenomenal! They have a wonderful collection of paperweights and an incredible exhibit of miniature rooms from different periods of American and European historical design. I loved the rooms exhibit so much that. I bought the book! You can go to the website and view some of the different collections here
We also got to see the George Seurat work on which Sondheim based his "Sunday in the Park with George" and other works by Monet and Van Gogh. I could have spent days poring over all of the masterful exhibits, but before we knew it, it was time to meet Rosalie for lunch at Marshall Fields!

I felt so fancy eating lunch in such a beautiful department store, especially one that has been in existence for so long.

After lunch we stepped over to the salon in the department store for Caroline to add some fun feather accessories to her hair!

Isn't the inside gorgeous!? Now Macy's owns the building, but the Marshall Fields signs are still prominently displayed.

Final photo op and then we were off to catch our plane! Thanks for a fabulous trip, girls! I had the best time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)