Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Recap and Monday Monday!!

Happy Monday, Everyone!!  Hope you had a super weekend!  I had a pretty eventful one myself. :)  Thursday night I went back for another taste of All-University Sing and I just want to give a shout out to all who took part in this year's production.  It was fabulous!!  Thanks for all your hard work!
Friday morning I began my day at the wonderful Panera.  I spotted a new bagel in their bakery bins and just had to try a taste.  It is called a trail mix bagel and as someone who is a fan of trail mix, I loved the bagel form!  It was so nice to sit in an armchair next to the little fireplace, as Friday had just a tinge of chill in the air, to enjoy my cup of hot hazelnut coffee.
After work, I found this little happy surprise in my mailbox!!  I cannot wait to soak up every last bit of design delight within its pages.  Thanks, Dad! :)
After my happy mailbox find, I packed up my bags to housesit and watch out for a precious black lab.  She was so sweet and since I would love to have a dog, it was fun to have a little dogsitting experience!
One of my favorite things was our walks in the morning and look what we happened upon early Saturday:

Yes, a group of deer just staring at us like they were statues.  So beautiful.  It was such a treat to get to experience a little of nature that is rare in my day to day life.



I tried to capture another picture as we would get just close enough for them to run away.  They ran so gracefully!

Then, when we returned back by where we had seen them the first time, there they were again!

I also spend some quality time with this little book and learned lots about some famous sites in Israel. :)
Saturday afternoon, I met my friend Adriel to go visit our adopted grandmother through our church.  We had such a lovely visit.  I just love hearing about people's experiences and our adopted grandmother was so precious to share some her life with us.
Then, in between homework assignments, I checked the Baylor in-game blog to keep up with the men's basketball game against A&M.  The Aggies definitely played a great game, but at the final buzzer the Bears were on top 58-51.  Go Bears!!
Sunday, after a great morning at church, I continued with school work and watched the Lady Bears game.  They played OU and boy was it a nailbiter.  I listened in the car until I had to get out for our evening service to hear my friend preach.  There had been 3 minutes left in the game when I turned it off and we were behind by three.  With great trepidation, I checked the score when church was over and we had won by 1 point!!!  Way to go, Lady Bears!    

This morning, I had this beautiful view out my window!  Isn't that tree gorgeous?!  Spring is on its way!

Look what else arrived on Friday -- my Vera Totally Turq Miller bag.  So excited to have this new bag for travel!!  It zips and has all these great interior pockets!  Love the help with organization! :)
Then, after work today, I got this little phone activated.  Yes, I am now a part of the Droid family!  I was so excited to see there was a Blogger app, but for some reason it will only connect with a brand new gmail address I had to put together today and that is not what my blogger log-in email is.  If anyone knows how to change this, I would love to know, so I can start blogging from my phone, too!!  But, since I'm sure you are all wondering, I do now have a blog-specific email: chroniclesofcarroll@gmail.com. Feel free to drop me a line! :)

And finally, this morning I'm afraid I might have needed to heed Chanel's advice of taking off one accessory before you walk out the door, but I couldn't resist either my flower headband or the flower on my necklace, so I wore both!  I think Mondays may call for a little extra accessory!  Hope you all had a great start to your week!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Panera's Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bagel has my heart. As does the pumpkin muffie (muffIE, not muffIN). To die for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)