Monday, February 21, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory

I'm a little delayed on the post for the 15th of the month, but better late than never, right?!  For the fourth verse of the year, I chose one from Hebrews:


"Let us therefore make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one may fall through such disobedience as theirs." Hebrews 4:11 


Before this scripture, the writer is speaking of how God rested and how the Sabbath rest is for us.  This verse reminds me how important taking time to rest is.  In fact, it reminds me of the book we are reading in my Covenant Group:
In this book, Smith walks us through different spiritual disciplines and the first one is rest!  When we are fully rested, then we are able to fully minister to those around us.
Hope you all had a nice Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I love that verse above. Thank you for sharing :) This book sounds fantastic! I'm off to check it out on Amazon now. Hugs to you, Carroll!

    xoxo,
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)