Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lost and Found

Hi Friends!!  It is a little chillier than normal here in Central Texas, but I know it is nothing compared to what so much of the nation is encountering.  I have to admit that I LOVE the winter, but I think I would truly have to experience a Nebraska or Idaho winter to really claim that fact!  Hope you are all staying warm. 

Now, for the very fascinating experience I had this morning.  Since I am not so used to the cooler temps, planning my daily wardrobe has proved to be a little more of a challenge.  As I sat snuggled under my warm duvet this morning, I planned my outfit, trying to utilize my warmest options.  I decided on a cream sweater with dark red cords, so I good wear my very warm boots.  :)  Then, as the clock was nearing time for me to jet to work, I added a fun necklace purchased at Forever21 (love the accesories at that place!!) and remembered a ring that I thought would add the perfect touch.  Lo and behold, what did I find when I finally found my ring buried in a pocket of my Vera jewelry pouch?
Yes, it is a precious little gold heart necklace that I've had forever.  I really think I must have received it when I was a baby.  Anyway, I cannot tell you how many times I have thought about this necklace and wished I could find it because I think it would be just right with this or that outfit.  I have explored every nook and cranny of that Vera Bradley jewelry pouch to recover my long lost treasure multiple times, but to no avail.  Then, when I least expected it, here it is.  I wasn't even looking for it.  I just love when God blesses us with sweet moments of discovery.  I know that this is a silly story, but it really made my day!

It also reminds me of some black plastic hoop earrings that my friend Megan and I watched blissfully go down the drain of the sink at GA camp.  I wasn't too stressed over losing them, but what did I find in the bottom of my purse when I was unpacking at home?  The black hoop earrings!!  Megan and I still don't know how it happened...

Have a wonderful Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy about the earrings! And I'm so happy you found your necklace.
    I remember when I was little, I lost a pair of earrings with my birth stone in them. I had other pairs that were fake gold, but my parents got me real 14K gold for my recent birthday, so it was a big deal at that age. I looked everywhere for them, couldn't find them, and dreaded telling my mom. Finally, I told her. She was disappointed but not irate (like in my head I pictured she would be.) The next day, I found them in a spot that I'd looked several times! I think my lesson was supposed to be telling the truth and then God rewarded me for it...Either way, I was happy! And still have the earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you mentioned Idaho and I love your necklace! Stay warm my dear dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)