Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope you all are enjoying a wonderful New Year's Day and celebrating this opportunity for a fresh year ahead.  I just love the way the calendar works with changes in seasons and a new year every January 1st.  New Year's Day is a time of resolutions and I admit I have been considering what my own might be, so here are a few of the items I resolve for 2011 (Hopefully writing them down will keep me accountable!):
1. Participate in the 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team .  Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries blog organizes this opportunity.  Please click on the link to go to her blog if you would like to find out more and how you can participate, too.  I think it sounds like a wonderful way to memorize 24 verses over the course of the year and Scripture memory is definitely something I need to do more of.  On the 1st and 15th of each month, you post the verse you plan to memorize in the comment section of her blog.  I thought I would try to post my verses each 1st and 15th on my blog, too.  Here is the verse I've chosen for January 1st:

"You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart" Psalm 51:6 NRSV

I pray that this year I will seek God's wisdom and truth in all circumstances.

2.  Be present.  I hope to live more in the moment and experience my life for the gift that it is without worrying over the past or the future. 

3.  Participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k on April 30th.  I hope to train so I can run/jog the whole thing!

4.  I also will try to be a more consistent blogger in 2011!  I am so thankful for this forum in which to record my day to day happenings and hope to find time to pause several times a week to share my latest adventures. :)

5.  Finally, I hope to declutter and streamline my life, beginning with my apartment. :) I'm feeling an extended session of shredding before me!

I know all of these goals are not measurable, but I hope to gain some steps toward them by this time next year!  May you all have a blessed 2011!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)