Sunday, October 21, 2012

Party Prep, Painting, & Pals!


Here's another rewind from the Spring!

I hosted a birthday luncheon for my mama in April and made a few preliminary trips to local establishments for some party prep!  One of my first stops was Wolfe's Wholesale Florist.  I thought it would be nice to have a few smaller fresh flower arrangements scattered along the tables at the party.  When I saw these adorable mercury glass vases, I knew they would be perfect.  We had fun talking about colors and flower options. :)  
My next stop was Scribbles one of my favorite stationary stores to find Mom's invitations.  These are the ones we used (sorry for the sideways photo!).  I loved the way they looked!!
I'll do a post of its own about the party soon!
I'm afraid I also discovered these little treats this spring.  Oh my goodness -- so delish!
My friend Ashley and I also tried a fun new place called Painting with a Twist!
They have these little shops all over, so if there is one near you I would highly recommend it as a fun thing to try.  You go on the website of your local store and look at the calendar to see what paintings will be available that month and then you reserve a seat.  It's super easy to sign up and so fun!

You literally start with this blank canvas
And end up with a painting!  I have NO painting background, but the teachers guide you so well.  It is fun to see how each painting is a little unique, too!  I'm looking forward to my next visit. :)
And finally, I took this little instagram at a favorite local restaurant.  This appetizer is call The Trifecta and it totally lives up to its name.  I feel it is necessary to order one each time I go!  
Over this particular Trifecta my friend Erin enjoyed a great time of catching up and I'm looking forward to another catch up visit with her tonight!  
Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)