Monday, May 23, 2011

Family Recipe Luncheon

I went to my parents' house for Easter and had such a fun time.  This post is long overdue, but while I was home, I attended a sweet luncheon in honor of my soon-to-be cousin-in-law!!  Okay, I'm not sure if cousin-in-law is a true term, but it was so fun to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of Chantel to my cousin Trav! 
The tables were decorated so beautifully.  I loved the fabulous spring colors!
Here is one of the yummy plates!  We had so much fun gabbing away.  Dessert was strawberry shortcake with the most delicious pound cake -- the perfect spring sweet!  After dessert, we gathered in the living room for Chantel to open her gifts.  The theme of the party was family recipes and we brought recipes and an ingredient or kitchen gadget you would use to make it.  I thought that was such a great idea.  All the recipes cards were placed in a book, so Chantel will have these yummy recipes right at her fingertips.   
Muvie and Chantel

Me and the Bride-to-be
It was so good to catch up with these fabulous women and spend some time remembering those who have gone before through their special signature dishes.  I love how family dishes tie us all together, connecting us to the past as we step into the future.  What are some of your favorite family recipes?

1 comment:

  1. i love this! my mom and her mom are very good at making reservations for dinner...soooooo HAHA! i actually got my cooking skills from my nana (dad's mom), and wish i would have written more down. we would make blackberry jam, pear preserves...she grew so many wonderful things in her garden. i am currently working on perfecting a cobbler recipe i hope to pass on to my children!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)