Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!


Pop Fizz
Happy New Year!  I hope you all are looking forward to a fabulous 2014!  I'm linking up with Samantha and Khala again for their 3rd New Years Link-Up.  We are talking about our hopes, dreams and resolutions for the new year!
I guess my new year's goals are a little broad and open-ended, but I kind of like them that way.  

LISTEN

I've noticed that sometimes (well a lot of the time) I don't pause long enough to focus and truly listen to those around me.  My husband can attest to this!  With this listening comes a more intense focus to creating the quiet spaces needed to listen to God.  So often I rush through my prayers and only spend time talking with no pause for hearing what He has to say.  I hope to develop this discipline more this year.

READ

I have shelves full of books purchased and received with great intentions, but their pages have yet to see the light of day.  I hope to take more time to read through these books this year.

 

I received this book by the Pioneer Woman for Christmas a year or two ago and plan to start with it!
Oh, and I just saw that several of Beth Moore's books are free on Kindle and Nook for a limited time, so be sure and check out that option if reading is on your "to do" list for the new year. :)

BE PRESENT

I've decided this goal is one I have each year, but too often I find my mind whirring with a millions things happening far away from where I am in the moment and I hope to improve focus on the present and to truly be a part of what is happening right then and there.  I'm hoping my listening goal will help this one, too. :)

May your 2014 be filled with hope and refreshment as we embrace the year ahead!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Carroll, please tell me how that book is when you are done! I have been a long time fan of Ree Drummond and I just havent gotten around to getting the book. If it's half as good as her blog, I'm sure it will be amazing! Thank you for joining us and I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous goals, Carroll! Once again, you nailed this week's link-up! I, like you definitely want to read more in 2014 and I love your goal of listening. I think we all could stand to work on ourselves in that aspect : ) Thank you once again for linking up with us girlie! I've so enjoyed reading your posts each week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals, girl. I downloaded all the Beth Moore books. Just love her

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)