Friday, January 24, 2014

Food, Fun, and Friends Friday!


This week has been such a blast, so I'm linking up with these fabulous bloggers (NatashaDarciApril, and Christina) once again to share in the fun!

{1}
 
Saturday morning we had a fantastic breakfast with some precious friends who were so sweet to make sure all of the menu items fit with our paleo plan!  I love mornings like this, sitting around the table with mugs of coffee and enjoying great conversation.  It was so fun!  
I also got to color with one of their cute kiddos for a bit .  Coloring is just the best stress reliever ever!
Tuesday, we got to celebrate the mama of this sweet family's birthday and oh what fun we had!!  


{2}

After breakfast on Saturday, we met this gal and her cute fam at the bear habitat.  She has been my bestie since first grade, so any chance to see her is always a special treat!  I loved our visit and can't wait to see her again soon!!  The weather was perfect and even the bears seemed to enjoy roaming about their home a bit after they woke up from a restful slumber. :)


{3}

I had been dying to make this recipe that Christina posted on her blog and Saturday night I got to put my culinary skills to the test!  It was so delicious, just as Christina described!!  I was so thrilled about cooking something new that I broke out the fine china! :)  Let's be honest, I love any excuse to use our fancy dishes. ;)  The best part is we had leftovers for days!!  There is nothing more comforting than knowing after a long day at work, dinner only needs to be heated up in the microwave!

{4}

Last night I made a stuffed acorn squash from Robin's website and it was fantastic!  I was able to try coconut oil for the first time, too.  Another paleo recipe winner!  Doing this 30 day challenge has certainly taken me out of my comfort zone and I feel like I have learned how to cook more different kinds of veggies than I ever would have imagined.  I've decided that slow roasting is one of my absolute favorite cooking methods and I hope this challenge will spur me on to incorporate more fruits and veggies into our meals.

{5}

http://hopeandholiness.blogspot.com 

I would love for you to join me in my other blogging venture, Hope and Holiness.  Here, I write about faith and reflections on Scripture.  Most recently, I posted a two part series (part 1, part 2) on fear and stillness.  My hope is that this spot on the interweb would be a refreshing place to gather and be encouraged.  

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my Friday 5!  I hope you enjoy a fun weekend ahead!! :)

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



7 comments:

  1. Excited to check out your other blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely in love with all winter squash! Here is another fabulous stuffed acorn squash recipe that is also Paleo friendly...http://stupideasypaleo.com/2012/10/07/stuffed-acorn-squash/ My husband and I absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link up. Paleo or not, that breakfast looks delicious! I love anything avocado. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be definitely checking out your second blog, for sure. especially the topic....i so struggle with it. but also, coloring is one of my main stress relievers. people think i am crazy but it definitely relieves stress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using coconut oil in our cooking! I hope you have a wonderful weekend Carroll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipes have my mouth watering! YUM! My husband is trying to eat Paleo and I eat GF and dairy-free, so I'm always looking for new and yummy recipes. I can't wait to check out your hope and holiness series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that bear habitat?!?! Kennedy would love that, she loves animals! Will be sure to check out your other blog. I struggle with a lot of fears so sounds like something I need to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)