Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8: Thankful for Job


This semester my class is over the second half of the Old Testament.  We discussed Job this morning and my mind continues to marinate over the questions the reader walks away with upon studying this text.  It seemed to resonate in my soul how much I and so many fellow humans on the planet yearn for complete answers.  I worry, I stress, I struggle.  I'm impatient and want to move forward with decisions and next steps.  We yearn for resolution.  We yearn for equilibrium.  And yet, so much of the time, it is not there.  So much that surrounds us is the not known, the unknown.  Can we rest there?  Can we hold in tension the not knowing with the knowing of Whose we are?  Can we wrestle and rest at the same time?  I'm beginning to believe there is great beauty in the struggle and in the trust.  As I have pursued this seminary journey, one thing I have learned along the way is that the more I know, the more I realize I do not know and I have to admit that thought fills my heart with quite a bit of giddiness.  For the awe of serving One who is beyond my comprehension and yet encourages me to seek after and grow in knowledge of Who he is is an amazing thing.  What a great God we serve, One who is with us in each and every struggle and One whom we can trust completely in every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)