Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pre Christmas Fun!

A few days before Christmas, I got to partake in some fabulous Christmas activities.
Cookie decorating!!

And enjoying a fabulous dinner with a precious friend, her new hubby, and fabulous mama!

I also got to enjoy my mom's festive Christmas decor.

Getting out the Christmas decorations brings back so many memories.

I love how Mom took several different pieces and put together a neat nativity scene.

Muvie's wise men

My Aunt Joan made this ceramic nativity.

I still remember when mom received this angel as a gift.  I thought it was so beautiful -- still do!


This candle always made the living room smell so holiday festive.

The olive wood nativity my mom bought when she was in Israel.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.
It was so special that Mac was able to use my grandaddy Mackie's stocking. :)

Of course a little texting was also part of the Christmas break!
Note the book and journal near me on the sofa.  I spent a lot of the break powering through books for my January term course I took right after the New Year.  I'm sure a full post on those books will happen soon!!
At this point I was reading The Grapes of Wrath -- incredible!!

I never tire of looking at the Christmas tree.  
I love its soft glow and memory-filled ornaments.

Hope y'all are having a good week!
The Lady Bears just improved to 18-0!!
Sic 'Em!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful holiday it looks like, Carroll! Just seeing these photos is making me wish for Christmas all over again. It takes way too long to come every year, and it goes by way too fast :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)