Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello Again



Happy 2012!  I hope everyone is having a fantastic New Year so far.  I had an incredible break catching up with sweet friends and family.  Can't wait to share all about it.

The Saturday before Christmas I met one of my precious childhood friends for shopping fun at Northpark!

We arrived at 9am and got fabulous parking spots.  After a few stops, we did take a break for a fun lunch at NM Cafe. :)
Perfect Popover

Brie appetizer with toasted pecans, apple slices, and fig jam...Delish!!

Then, my mission was to do ALL of my Christmas shopping...and I accomplished it!  Lacy helped me so much as I made my way through my list. :)  Thanks, friend!!

After my shopping spree, I met my friend Lindsey for a fun food truck dinner benefiting the Northeast Texas Food Bank.
There were so many fun trucks!





We ended up with selection from 3 Men and a Taco :)
Yummers!!
So fun to enjoy a meal with the Dallas skyline as your view!


We also discovered that this was the meeting place for a Santa convention!

We finished our meal with a cupcake!
I chose maple bacon -- oh, I can never pass up a good sweet and savory combo!
It was actually fabulous!! :)  

Then, it was off for our annual Christmas light tour!!
Complete with Starbucks refreshment!!

First stop: Downtown!!
Don't worry, the Santas were here, too!! :)

Love Neiman Marcus' Lights!!


Then, to some beautiful neighborhoods.



No Christmas light tour complete with out some bedecked palms!




Cute "just married" couple!



Then, the wonderland of Highland Park Village












Love this Santa on the balcony!


Beautiful nativity






And the award for most unusual:

Hope you enjoyed the Winter Wonderland tour.
I had take down the Christmas lights on my to do list, but blogging was much more fun!

Oh, and p.s. just listened/watched the Baylor Men's Basketball team beat KState on the road!!
Sic 'Em!

6 comments:

  1. Those lights are AMAZING! I bet they were even more fabulous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Oh, my, and I just remembered I saw you over the break! (How did I forget??) Not quite the long-lost reunion I had in mind, but it was still great to see you! Sorry if I was completely awkward--I was so shocked to have seen you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live here and didn't see all that!!! Thanks for sharing with us!! You live such a glam-glam life!!! :D Love you sweet girl!! Happy New Year!!! May 2012 be your best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great winter wonderland tour!!

    Now I am missing Christmas....it just goes by too fast:(

    Your popover looks fab!

    Happy Wednesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Santa Convention!! I am almost 31 and you would have had to carry me out of there in hysterics. That is entirely too many people dressed up in red suits and white beards. Looks like you had a blast though! The lights are gorgeous. Defintely would not have a trip for your Santa-phobic friend though. Miss you, Friend.-- Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all your lights! we couldn't find any good ones in austin, sigh. maybe next year we should stop in dallas on our way home! HA! so glad to see you back in blogging land! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)