Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decor


I decided to link up with Kelly today for her Christmas Tour of Homes.  One of the things I have always loved about Christmas is getting out the ornaments and reminiscing as I put them on the tree.  I don't have quite as many memories with the ornaments on my little tree as I do with the ones on my mom and dad's tree, but every year they grow in significance. :)
This was a cute sparkly snowflake I found that seemed to fit with my whimsical theme. :)

I loved the dove for the peace it represents, but its sparkle did not deter me either!

Several years ago I was Sister Sophia in The Sound of Music, so this little lady helps me remember that special time.

This ornament is another theater remembrance given to me be a fellow member of the cast when I was Rizzo in Grease.

Always a sweet reminder. :)

My Great Aunt Joan and Uncle Joe would always spoil us with a little green for Christmas tucked away in a clever and creative wrapping.  This cute stocking was one of the wrappings she used one year.

In May of my first year of graduate school, some friends and I took a fun road trip to Colorado.  One day as we were poking around in some shops, we found a Christmas store that personalized ornaments.  We thought these ornaments would be a perfect memory of our trip and I love getting mine out every year and remembering.

I made this ornament a few years ago at a Practically Picasso studio. :)

Looking up
I love my little birds toward the top! :)

Here's the overview

On my mantle I replaced the river rocks in my apothecary jars with snow and painted the letters with gold glitter paint and hot glued them on.

I found this noel garland at our Junior League holiday market several years ago.


A new addition to my mantle this year is this olive wood nativity I bought when I was in Bethlehem in March.  I was especially drawn to it because Joseph was holding baby Jesus and didn't remember seeing that very often.

Another sparkly memento
This little basket with the rhinestone cluster was in my Great Grandmother's living room.  As a little girl, I remember venturing into the beautiful room while everyone was visiting in the den and this little basket with its sparkly contents always caught my eye.  Of course, I would always imagine that I was attending a grand ball in Goodmama's living room and this sweet remembrance always reminds me of those fun afternoons.


I found this sign at the holiday market last year and thought it was just too cute to pass up!

There you have it!
Happy Friday!!
Thanks for hosting us, Kelly!
I think I might get started on my Christmas shopping this weekend! :)


2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)