Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weekend Recap!


I had a fun and very busy weekend!!  It started by ending my work week a little early and heading to my parents' house Thursday night.  Friday morning Mom, Muvie, and I headed to Houston to see my cousin Pat in "The Wizard of Oz".  Of course, we stopped for lunch at a really yummy place -- Collin Street Bakery!!
Oh, I just love these ladies!
Then, we continued on our road trip!
Next stop -- OZ!!!
But before we were granted entrance into the Emerald City, we waited for the house to open.  Here are two pretty special gals waiting in line! :)
First of all, the show was spectacular!!  I especially thought the Scarecrow was phenomenal! :)
 
So realistic!
Tin Man and Scarecrow

The guys

It was so fun to watch Pat on stage -- he is so talented and completely embodies his character!!  So fun!

So glad I got to spend time with this special gal, too!!  

The scarecrow with his sister and my other cousin.
It was so fun to get to see her and her family.  They live far away, so visits like these are always super special!

 
The whole gang (minus our precious photographer!).  Boy, I love spending time with them!! :)

And I just couldn't leave without a picture of the adorable wreath on Pat and Glenda's door--perfect for Pat's role!
Thanks for such a wonderful weekend and such a wonderful show of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!
(I couldn't resist!)  
Hope to see you again very soon!!

Another very fun thing about the show was that at intermission, they served some of these little tasty items and even more fun was the fact that each program contained a coupon for a free "bundtlette" at their new location.  We just had to stop on our way out of town! :)  So many fabulous flavors!  If you have one of these stores nearby, I would wholeheartedly encourage a field trip to check it out.  Believe you me -- you will not leave disappointed!! :)
Then, we headed back to my hometown to get some good rest before a very special shower the next afternoon...
For this very special couple!!

I have the privilege of being the Maid of Honor for this precious gal and was able to do one of my favorite things of all, in fact, it is one of my lifelong dreams (probably a dream that has been in my little heart for as long as I have known her -- we've been besties since first grade, after all) -- writing down the gifts at the shower!  
I LOVE this role for multiple reasons:  
1.  I LOVE to write.  Cursive is so fun to me.  Quite appropriate that my second grade teacher, who taught me this fabulous skill, was also present at the shower.  :)
2.  I love to ooh and aah over each gift and when you get this seat, you get to be right in the action!  
3.  I like to sit with my friends at showers and it's super special when my friend is the one being showered with gifts!! :)

Some of the beautiful gifts!

Refreshment table centerpiece
Aren't these roses stunning?
We also enjoyed some incredible strawberry cake and other yummy treats!

The present pile :)

The bride and groom-to-be with their fabulous hostesses
What a fun time I had!!  Can't wait to see you again very soon! :)
(Oh, and a shout out to my mom for sharing some of her fabulous pics with me!)


1 comment:

  1. Carroll, You truly have become the most beautiful, poised young woman! I am so proud of you. I always smile when I read your posts and look at your pictures. Blessings, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments. :)